Welcome to the Home Page of the Babe Ruth League, Inc. Middle Atlantic Region. This page is designed to give information on various Tournaments and News from the Middle Atlantic Region.
Delaware, Maryland, Southern New Jersey, Northern New Jersey, Eastern New York, Metro New York, Western New York, and Pennsylvania make up the Middle Atlantic Region of Babe Ruth Baseball.
Babe Ruth League, Inc. is a non-profit, educational organization dedicated to developing better citizens by providing properly supervised baseball and softball competition for players ages 5-18. Established in 1951, there are now over 8,600 leagues and 52,000 teams representing almost one million players in the United States and Canada. Babe Ruth League has a total of over 1.9 million volunteers. It is the fundamental belief of Babe Ruth League, Inc. that every child with a desire to play baseball or softball be afforded that opportunity.
2016 Rule Changes
- Tournament Team Administration Fee – Beginning with the 2016 season, Babe Ruth League will implement a Tournament Team Administration Fee to help offset the cost of the Official Tournament Trail leading the Cal Ripken Baseball World Series, Babe Ruth Baseball World Series, and Babe Ruth Softball World Series. Babe Ruth League continues to offer a first-class, positive and memorable experience for all players, coaches, families and local league officials. Please note the following fees:
TOURNAMENT ADMINISTRATION FEES
Cal Ripken Baseball Division
10-Year-Old Tournament Team - $25
12-Year-Old Tournament Team Major 60 - $25
12-Year-Old Tournament Team Major 70 - $25
Babe Ruth Baseball Division
13-Year-Old Tournament Team - $25
14-Year-Old Tournament Team - $25
13-15-Year-Old Tournament Team - $25
16-18-Year-Old Tournament Team - $75
Babe Ruth Softball Division
8U Tournament Team - $25
10U Tournament Team - $25
12U Tournament Team - $25
14U Tournament Team - $25
16U Tournament Team - $25
- Cal Ripken Baseball and Babe Ruth Baseball – Any Cal Ripken Baseball or Babe Ruth Baseball League may elect to use a pitch count during local league games. For more information on Pitch Counts, please visit www.baberuthleague.org and click on the “Pitch Smart” link.
- CLARIFICATION - Cal Ripken Baseball, Babe Ruth Baseball, and Babe Ruth Softball – Rule 11.05, Paragraph 10 - All protests concerning player eligibility must be presented in writing from the protesting League President with clear indication of proof for the protest.
- CLARIFICATION - Cal Ripken Baseball, Babe Ruth Baseball, and Babe Ruth Softball – – Rule 0.01,Paragraph 5 (b.) – With the State Commissioner’s approval, if the physical location of the school where a player attends classes during the traditional academic year is within the boundaries of an established league, the player is permitted to participate in the established league. (Note: This excludes home schools, cyber schools, sports-related schools, sports academies, or after school where a student participates outside of the primary school in which the player is enrolled.) A player is only eligible to participate in one Cal Ripken Baseball; Babe Ruth Baseball; or Babe Ruth Softball League.
- CLARIFICATION - Babe Ruth Baseball, Cal Ripken Baseball, and Babe Ruth Softball - ALCHOHOL/TOBACCO (All Divisions) – Babe Ruth League prohibits the use of all alcohol and tobacco products on all field and dugouts for both local league and tournament competition. These products include smokeless tobacco, E-cigarettes, vapors, and all related alcohol products.
- CLARIFICATION - Babe Ruth Baseball, Cal Ripken Baseball, and Babe Ruth Softball – Rule 11.04, Documents – NOTE – These documents must stay in possession of the Tournament Director during each tournament level. These same documents shall accompany the team as they advance in tournament competition. Failure to produce the required documentation can result in the disqualification and elimination of a player, team or league from tournament play.