Welcome to the Home Page of the Babe Ruth League, Inc. Middle Atlantic Region. This page is designed to give information on various Tournaments and News from the Middle Atlantic Region.
Delaware, Maryland, Southern New Jersey, Northern New Jersey, Eastern New York, Metro New York, Western New York, and Pennsylvania make up the Middle Atlantic Region of Babe Ruth Baseball.
Babe Ruth League, Inc. is a non-profit, educational organization dedicated to developing better citizens by providing properly supervised baseball and softball competition for players ages 5-18. Established in 1951, there are now over 8,600 leagues and 52,000 teams representing almost one million players in the United States and Canada. Babe Ruth League has a total of over 1.9 million volunteers. It is the fundamental belief of Babe Ruth League, Inc. that every child with a desire to play baseball or softball be afforded that opportunity.
8U - Hilltop
10U - Mt. Olive
2018 Rule Changes
Babe Ruth League, Inc.
Latest Rule Changes for 2018
Last Updated 12/7/2017
The International Board of Directors has approved the following rule changes beginning with the 2018 season. These changes will be reflected in the 2018 Babe Ruth League, Inc. Rules and Regulations.
- Cal Ripken Baseball, Babe Ruth Baseball, and Babe Ruth Softball - For the 2018 season, the team composition rule will be adjusted to allow one (1) manager and three (3) coaches per team for all Divisions of Babe Ruth League, Inc., for Local League Competition and Tournament Competition, provided such managers and coaches meet all Coaching Education and Background Check requirements. For tournament play - should a team advance to a World Series, the 3rd coach will be responsible for their own travel and lodging (remember a tournament manager or coach must be selected from the league or division in which they manage or coach).
- Approved Bats - Cal Ripken Baseball and Babe Ruth Baseball
- Cal Ripken Division - All non-wood bats must have the USABat Marking. The Barrel Maximum is 2 5/8". No BBCOR Bats are permitted in the Cal Ripken Division. For the T-Ball Division, bats must be marked with the USABat T-Ball Stamp.
- Babe Ruth Baseball 13-15 Division – All non-wood bats must have the USABat Marking or marked BBCOR .50. Bat Barrel - 2 5/8".
- Babe Ruth Baseball 16-18 Division - All non-wood bats MUST be a BBCOR .50 and no greater than a -3. Barrel - 2 5/8".
- Rule 11.05; Number 4, Tournament Pitching Rules, Paragraph a. Cal Ripken Rookie Division (7 to 8-years-olds): No pitcher is allowed to pitch in more than two innings per tournament game, with a pitcher not being permitted to pitch in more than 3 consecutive days/games (including double headers, if applicable). If a pitcher pitches in three (3) consecutive days/games (6 innings max), the pitcher is required a day rest. The 6-inning max would reset after a day’s rest.
- Rule 11.05; Number 4 (NOTE) Tournament Pitching Rules: No pitcher shall appear in a game as a pitcher for three consecutive days/games regardless of the pitch count. (Exception 7 to 8-year-old division)
- Cal Ripken 9 and Cal Ripken 11-Year-Old Regional Champions - The leagues that win their respective 2018 Cal Ripken 9-Year-Old Regional Tournament and 2018 Cal Ripken Major/70 11-Year-Old Regional Tournament will be invited to participate as invitational teams at the 2019 Cal Ripken 10-Year-Old World Series and Cal Ripken Major 70 World Series. Babe Ruth Headquarters will prepare explicit Pre-World Series Instructions to be presented to the winners of the 2018 Cal Ripken 9-Year-Old Regional Tournament and the Cal Ripken Major/70 11-Year-Old Regional Tournament that detail their obligations, such as paying their own team travel to and from the 2019 Cal Ripken 10-Year-Old and Cal Ripken Major/70 World Series, as well as their meals and lodging at an approved World Series Hotel. The leagues accepting this invitation will be permitted to participate in 2019 Cal Ripken 10-Year-Old and Cal Ripken Major/70 District and State competition, but will not be eligible to participate in regional play.
- Tournament Team Administration Fee – Beginning with the 2018 season, Babe Ruth League will implement a $25 Tournament Team Administration Fee for the Cal Ripken 9-Year-Old and Cal Ripken 11/70 tournament teams.
- Cal Ripken Baseball and Babe Ruth Baseball – Local League and Tournament Play Special Rules and Regulations - FORFEITED GAME:
- Local League Play - If the local league has elected to use a pitch count for local league play, regardless if a game was forfeited before it became a regulation game or after it became a regulation game, all pitches will count towards the pitch count.
- Tournament Play (Pitch Count) - If a game was forfeited before it became a regulation game or after it became a regulation game, all pitches will count towards the pitch count.
- Coaches Uniforms – Tournament Competition – If coacheswear pullovers jackets, they must have the Cal Ripken Baseball, Babe Ruth Baseball or Babe Ruth Softball approved shoulder emblem on the sleeve or chest. (No numbers required on the back of the pullovers)